Umlaut on a consonant letter

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Dec 22 15:57:24 EST 2004

On Dec 22, 2004, at 1:07 PM, Lynch, Jonathan wrote:

> I have a stack I use to figure out Unicode numbers for various symbols
> -
> the one thing I found was that any use of Unicode in a field really
> requires that the whole field be in Unicode. Otherwise, it gets
> confused. Have others found this?

I was just about to send a comment on this.

I noticed that if textFont of the field is set to "Lucida
Grande,Japanese", the unicode method I tried works.

It seems that otherwise, Revolution tries to separate the n from the
combining character and put it outside of unicode.

It is weird using "Japanese" as the language for the font.

This now works:

on mouseUp
   set useUnicode to true
   set the textFont of field "field" to "Lucida Grande,Japanese"
   set the unicodeText of field "field" to numToChar(110) &
numToChar(776)
   put the htmlText of field "field"
end mouseUp

Dar