Umlaut on a consonant letter

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Dec 22 15:38:18 EST 2004

On Dec 22, 2004, at 12:42 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> On OS X I tried using Unicode in Revolution by putting the combining
> diaeresis (0308) after an n.  The font was Lucinda Grande.  It didn't
> render as I expected; I only saw the n.

Here is a way to get Revolution to render correctly:

   set the htmlText of field "field" to \
    format("<p><font face=\"Lucida Grande\"
lang=\"ja\">n̈</font></p>")

Revolution tries to split the combining character from the n when
unicodeText is set.  (I would guess this is a bug.  Revolution seems to
confuse Unicode and Japanese.  Wanna submit it?)  The above method
forces them to stay together.

Use this in your special key handler of your Boruca edit field:
   set the htmlText of field "field" to the htmlText of field "field" &\
    format("<font face=\"Lucida Grande\"
lang=\"ja\">n̈<//font>")

This will add the character to the end of the field.  You might have to
fiddle with that.

Dar