Umlaut on a consonant letter

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Dec 22 14:42:48 EST 2004

On Dec 22, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Signe Marie Sanne wrote:

> I'm going to develop a language learning course in the Indian dialect
> Boruca (used in Costa Rica). In their written language they use an
> umlaut on top of the letter n. Any clues to how to generate this
> letter either in Word or in Revolution?

On OS X I tried using Unicode in Revolution by putting the combining
diaeresis (0308) after an n.  The font was Lucinda Grande.  It didn't
render as I expected; I only saw the n.  (It didn't even work after a
u.)  I selected all, and copied the text, and then pasted it into
TextEdit.  It rendered just fine.  Maybe there is a problem or
limitation with the Revolution rendering.

You can use the imageSource property in Revolution once you have your
Boruca editor field set up.

Or you might find the combination in some font and use that font, maybe
just for that letter.

In Word, you might try overstrike in the equation editor.

(BTW, on and off I have a light interest in Ngobere, the language of
the Guayme.)

After seeing my puny responses, others might have better ideas.

Dar