positioning the cursor

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Dec 21 14:24:32 EST 2004

Hi Hershel,

> Hi all
> I need to tell the cursor ( or the I pointer) where to be. ( meaning
> should always be after a certain or last char)  how would I do that ?
> on keyUp
>   put  the cursor after fld "abc"
> end keyUp

You can set the cursor at the end (after last char) of a field with:

   select after text of fld "abc"

> what happens is the on every time the keyUp is triggered then the char
> that is typed into the fld a number "8" follows.

?????
You mean if you type "merde" in the field will appear "m8e8r8d8e8"?

> what is that , and how do eliminate it?

Sorry, never seen this before...

Are you sure there is no other front or backsript that could cause this
VERY strange phenomenon?

> Thanks, Hershel

Regards

Klaus Major