Stacks open without IDE

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Dec 21 12:32:39 EST 2004

This was supposed to be a feature.  If you double-clicked a stack, it ran as
if it were a standalone, without loading the IDE.  If you wanted to operate
on it with the IDE, you had to use 'Open' from within the IDE.

However, many people found it not a feature; so it was changed so that if
you double-clicked a file, it would load the IDE unless you held down the
command key during startup.

I thought this change was made in Rev 2 - but maybe it was in 2.5.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866