clone and rename

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sun Dec 19 15:13:48 EST 2004

Hi All.
I want create a modify-able file via my application toolbar.exe. So I have
a toolbar.exe and ask it to call a .rev file fro modification. This file
will require to be saved. Therefore, I wish to clone a template and rename
it (immediately rename it) then ask the user to save.

So the scenario would be....

open toolbar.exe which gives the options "create new" or "open existing"

Create new will clone a .rev file eg template.rev and rename it to newname.rev

I am stuck on the rename section.To clone it I have
on mouseUp
   clone stack "bts/template.rev"
end mouseUp

I cant find the code to rename it. Can I insert it in the same handler?

I tried
on mouseUp
   clone stack "bts/template.rev"
rename stack template.rev to newname.rev
end mouseUp

All I get is a file called "copy of template.rev

Any ideas (apart from me being stupid) :-)

Cheers
bob