think addiction - kagi opinion

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Dec 19 12:54:39 EST 2004

On Dec 19, 2004, at 10:08 AM, John Rule wrote:

> I find it amazing that there are so many proponents of 'freeware', but
> they
> are diligent in charging for their own services.
>
> Programming is a service that needs to be paid for.

Well, there is programming as a service, and programming as a product.
Contract programming as a service should obviously have its associated
fees. Product development though is a game of risks (in terms of time
investments, etc.) and marketing. It is pretty much up to the developer
if payment is important to them on such an endeavor.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.