set a stack in the middel of the screen

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Dec 19 08:28:03 EST 2004

Hi Thierry,

> Hi Klaus,
>
> KM> Bon jour Thierry,
>
>>> i have a splash stack, with a startup handler.
>>> just one image in the stack and the script below:
>>>
>>> on PREOPENSTACK
>>>   set the windowshape of me to 1008
>>>   set the loc of me to the screenLoc
>>> end PREOPENSTACK
>
> KM> on preopencard
> KM>    set the windowshape of this stack to 1008
> KM>    set the loc of this stack to the screenLoc
> KM> end preopencard
>
> KM> This is a "CARD" handler and "me" (which should be the CARD in your
> KM> script!)  may disturb the engine...?
>
> Really ??? on opencard can't be in a stack script ????

It can!

> and if the opencard handler is on the stack script, doesn't the *me*
> refer to the object which the script belongs to ?

Sorry, my fault! I thought this was the script of a CARD!

> But anyway, this 2 lines of scripts where in the startup handler in
> the stack script before. And after your email, i put in the
> preopenStack.
> Same behavior. and it works with my other stacks.. the only difference
> i can see ( doesn't mean it is :-)  ) is this whindowshape....

Did you try to swap the lines?
I mean, first set the loc and then the w-shape...

> KM> Again, this is a wild and quick guess, but worth a try :-)
>
> on thursday, i'm coming to your country.. Eifeld :-)

Where the heck is "Eifeld"??? :-D

> and may be quickly in Koln... Any chance to meet for a coffee ?

No, sorry, i am leaving for a visit on tuesday and will return on
friday... :-(

> Thanks, thierry

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
Wasn't there an issue with w-shapes and w-decorations???
I have something like this on my mind...

Try this one:

on PREOPENSTACK
   set the decorations of this stack to "default"