chasing the -1701 ae error

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Dec 18 19:43:14 EST 2004

doug-

Saturday, December 18, 2004, 11:39:28 AM, you wrote:

dr>         executing at 1:24:38 PM
dr> Type    Handler: can't find handler
dr> Object  Button
dr> Line    revMacFromUnixPath(it,convertOSX)
dr> Hint    revMacFromUnixPath

dr> Thinking that I am not sending the file path correctly, I am trying
dr> this Rev function. So Rev can't find a built in function ? huh? What's
dr> up?

Function syntax again.
revMacFromUnixPath() is a function.

"put revMacFromUnixPath(it, convertOSX) into somewhere"
should do it.

Think of functions and commands this way: the first word in an xtalk
script line is a verb, and acts on what follows. A function is not a
verb, a command is. Therefore, if you want to use a function you must
have a verb in front of it on the line.

Also, a function must have its arguments in parentheses; a command
must *not* have them in parentheses.

A function returns a value which you can place in a container; a
command does not.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net