Protecting your rev apps

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Dec 17 15:37:52 EST 2004

At 12:22 17/12/2004 -0800, Gordon wrote:

>As a follow-up question - what about using the MAC
>address of the network card on your computer. With
>enough determination, this can be spoofed - and it
>would mean that the app would require the presence of
>a network card (but not an internet connection) to run
>-  AND you'd need a new key to run your app if you
>changed the network card - but no system is foolproof.

"enough determination" == 4 clicks and type a new address (give or take a
click or two - it's been a while since I did it - but it's not hard, and
there are plenty of legitimate reasons for doing it, so it'snot hard to
find out how to).
(This only works on some NC cards, but a few years ago it was over 80% -
don't know current numbers).

-- Alex.