rev chat disconnected

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Fri Dec 17 08:35:55 EST 2004

Hi Paolo,

I'm replying to the list because you wrote to the list.
Probably, it is to be preferred to send bug reports and comments
about the ChatRev M client to
<mailto:chatrev at schonewille.cjb.net> and omments about the
server to Björnke's e-mail address.

paolo wrote:
> I can not connect to the chat server... I was disconnected.... probably
>  because your system did not like my question. Or that's because it was
> too long (actually it exceded the insertion field) . I feel guilty about
> that.

It seems that the server decided to give up. The server is
maintained by Björnke. I'm sure it will be back on-line, soon.

There isn't much that you can do to deliberately crash the
client or the server. Don't worry about posting long texts.

> I just wanted to ask if you have used  libNetServices from Andre Garzia.
> I need a web server for a private LAN. It would be great to use Rev for
> this task.

The client and the server we both created before André released
libNetServices. Besides, I don't think that libNetServices is
compatible with the ChatRev protocol.

Best,

Mark

--