Windows Dos window doesn't work?

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 17 05:43:33 EST 2004

Hi Dar,

DS> On Dec 16, 2004, at 3:18 AM, thierry wrote:

>> today, this is a "Industry Product" which uses the open process, reads
>> few information at the start, and a report at the end. In between,
>> the 2 processes ( Rev and Perl ) communicate via Sockets.

DS> Socket communication is a good idea.

Well, i did struggled the same as with open process to make it right :-)

>> This works on Win98, NT systems and with Rev Express 2.1.

DS> You might have found a scheme that works but might not with small
DS> changes, or some things do not work as well as they should and you
DS> don't know, or things have been fixed, or Dar was up too late 30 months
DS> ago.

Hummm, thanks for your comments...
that's why i said i should test a bit more
what i did few months ago even if i'm happy today about it.....

otherwise, what i see different in my case, is the ability to tune the perl
process accordingly to Rev behavior; also may be i got a lot of luck ?
Who knows :-)

Anyway, whenever i have a bit of time, i'll try to put together in a nice
stack all the tests i did with some explanation for the community....

Dar, could you share one of your script to show where things didn't work ?
Will be great.

Nice  to  talk  of this topic.
i've got quite few frustrating evenings on this topic :-)

Best regards, thierry