Windows Dos window doesn't work?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Dec 15 20:49:04 EST 2004

On Dec 15, 2004, at 3:18 PM, Glen Bojsza wrote:

> on mouseup
> open process "cmd" for read         # it opens a cmd window but fails
> to return a prompt
> end mouseup

This style might work as a workaround:

on mouseUp
   set hideConsoleWindows to true
   put "b" & lf & "c" & lf & "a" into URL "binfile:c/temp"
   put shell("sort < c:\temp")
end mouseUp

==>

I tried sort using open process for read.  I tried typing blind but ran
into problems.  It seems sort spits something out and quits when the
input is closed.  An error occurs (not just result set) on a subsequent
read.  I guess Rev closes its read pipe (the process's stdout) just
because the process quit, even though there might be data in it.  The
problem may not apply to your app.

Some applications do not use stdin and stdout but use some api to
manipulate the console window, so those may be a problem.

Dar