Error Building Standalone. Can't save file

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Dec 15 19:05:43 EST 2004

> Recently I've begun getting the following dialog when creating
> standalones in MacOS X for Mac OS X.
>
> "There was an error while saving the standalone application."
>
> This error doesn't happen on every stack. It is consistent on the ones
> when it occurs.
>
> I'd appreciate any thoughts about troubleshooting or the source of the
> problem.

I have come across this happening with 2 possible causes:
1. if the path name contains a weird character i.e. an ASCII > 127 -
characters including accents etc
2. sometimes having the standalone builder search for inclusions causes
problems, especially if the stack is password protected. Select the
inclusions manually and see if this helps.

Have you done the updates using "Check for updates..." in the Help
menu? One of the updates was for the standalone settings stack, so it
may have already fixed this problem.

Cheers,
Sarah