[ANN} libEXIF v0.9

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Dec 15 13:57:35 EST 2004

Thanks a lot Alex for this ! I forward directly your announcement to Pr
François Jouen witch could be interested in testing it.

Kind Regards, Pierre

Le 15 déc. 04, à 15:20, Alex Tweedly a écrit :

> EXIF Extraction library.
>
> EXIF stands for Exchangeable Image File Format, the format used to
> store interchange information in photo files, particularly JPEGs
> though it is also used in TIFFs.  Most digital cameras now include
> EXIF information.
>
> I've put the first (let's call it alpha :-) version of my EXIF
> extraction library up on RevOnline. (category Programming, or under my
> username alextweedly).
>
> The stack is intended to be used as a library, but it  includes a
> "Test" button to try it out on your own photo files, and an "Info &
> help" button which will (some day) give real documentation. See the
> script under "Test" button for the essentials.
>
> It can extract much of the EXIF information included in JPEG and TIFF
> files. I don't yet decode manufacturer specific "Makernote" info - I
> have the necessary information for a few manufacturers ready to code -
> but don't yet have it for Pentax *ist D (i.e. my own camera !!), so
> that's not top of the priority list.
>
> I've tested it on a few hundred photos, from probably 20 different
> cameras - so I'm sure there are more crufty variations that it hasn't
> yet been tested against. I'd be grateful for any reports of
> misbehaviour or problems.
>
> Now that I actually have something I think is worth sharing, I'll go
> start on my RunRev web page.
>
> Thanks
> -- Alex.

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores+ at +easynet.fr
sc+ at +sahores-conseil.com

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

<http://www.sahores-conseil.com/>

SIRET : 348 855 784. SIREN : en cours. TVA : en cours.

WEB/EAI services & ACID DB over IP
"Mutualiser les deltas de productivité"