ZIP on OS X

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Tue Dec 14 16:51:32 EST 2004

Hello Klaus,

on mouseup
   put shell ("zip /Users/sahores/Desktop/dess-capture.qtbr.zip
/Users/sahores/Desktop/dess-capture.qtbr") into aaa
   answer aaa
    put shell ("unzip -j /Users/sahores/Desktop/dess-capture.qtbr -d
/Users/sahores/Desktop/") into aaa
   answer aaa
end mouseup

To get help about zip/unzip options, type in a shell window "zip
-h"/"unzip -h"

Tchuss :)

Le 14 déc. 04, à 18:39, Klaus Major a écrit :

> Hi friends,
>
> i know this has been discussed before, but if i remember right
> with no really satisfying results...
>
> Does anyobody know if we can compress (zip, gz or whatever) an
> application
> bundle on OS X via "shell", just like the OS does via the context-menu
> in the finder?
>
> If yes, a little hint to the syntax will be appreciated...
>

> Thanks a lot in advance.
>

> Regards
>
> Klaus Major
> klaus at major-k.de
> http://www.major-k.de
>

> P.S.
> I found and tried "ditto" in the terminal:
>
>  ditto --rsrc weihnachtsbaum.app weihn.cpio
>
> but the resulting file "weihn.cpio" is exactly the same appbundle as
> the original package,
> even the size is identical... Nothing to see of any kind of
> compression...?
>
> Tried:
>
>  ditto -c --rsrc weihnachtsbaum.app weihnachten.zip
>
> results in the "weihanchten.zip" file, but is still as big as the
> original...
>
> What the heck are the correct flags to compress and decompress via
> "ditto"? :-)

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours