Newbie XML Question

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 14 12:31:14 EST 2004

On Tuesday, December 14, 2004, at 04:17 AM, Bill Marriott wrote:

> I want to generate a file that looks like it was generated from a
> single
> register, with the order numbers in sequential order (renumbering them
> as
> necessary). And the "use Rev's XML Library to parse it all
> together..." is
> the part I'm seeking assistance with. I basically want to grab a whole
> section of Purchases based on the Order attribute and move them into a
> new
> tree. Bob and the grocery store don't exist, it's just an illustration.

In my post from last night I did not know you wanted to change the
order numbers. That could be achieved using the replace function. You
still need to sort by the DateTime attribute you now need to add order
number groupings that fit the DateTime sort. You will have to test for
when a purchase has a next higher number and repeat while the order
number is the same. I would add two globals that start at 1 for each
and step upward one step at a time. I would then use replace to fix it.

put "Order=" & quote & gRegister1 & quote into newOrderNum

replace oldOrderNumAttribute with newOrderNum in tXmlElement

HTH,

Mark