parsing comments in scripts

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Dec 12 20:11:44 EST 2004

On Dec 12, 2004, at 5:19 AM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> I'd prefer if they removed the feature entirely, or as you suggested
> used "disabled" or some such keyword rather than a comment, preceding
> the first line of the handler.

My preference is to allow nothing at the top but but top level things,
currently local, global, constant, on...end, function...end and
comments.  I'm ok with 'disabled' being at that top level if the
handler is parsed or partially parsed.

Currently, if I have a typo in funtion, then the script might compile
without errors, but I'd be missing a function (and maybe a different
one used) and have some constants and variables in script local that I
didn't intend.

Dar