forum

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sun Dec 12 17:27:11 EST 2004

At 21:57 12/12/2004, you wrote:
>Bob Hartley wrote:
>>I just don't seem to be able to find anything on the helpfile (because it
>>is so comprehensive and I'm a novice) or find google list searching as
>>good as other forums.
>
>Google's search technology generally provides more flexibility than is
>possible with the less robust technology driving most forums.

I too think google is great and I certainly use scholar.google.com all the
time. I was just trying to search for a post that I knew I had participated
in (on another machine). I couldn't see a way to search for author.

>Could I trouble you for an example of a search with Google that failed to
>turn up a post you were looking for?  We may be looking at an indexing
>problem or some other issue with Google that is correctable.

It is not an indexing fault, it is just that I don't find it intuitive to
search web-page after webpage for one post. I know what the answer to my
problem is.

Download all the mails to my HD and use my mail programme to search for
posts. I can also change my mail prefs in my work machines to not delete
from server. I'm going back to try and get this app started.

I'll mail you all if I can't find an answer after searching the google or
archive search way.

Cheers
Bob