Start Using

Gordon gwalias-rev at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 10:34:02 EST 2004

Dear Revolutionaries

I have created a little generic library stack with a
button that I am using the custom properties of, to
store global variables.

In the stack script, I have 2 small functions
"setGlobal" and "getGlobal" that set and get the
custom properties of the button.

I have tried having other stacks "go" to this stack
and then "start using" this stack, but I am unable to
get the "setGlobal" and "getGlobal" handlers to be
visible in the calling stacks (I get "handler not
found" type messages).

I have also tried having the library stack insert its
own script into back in its own onPreOpenStack handler
or having the calling stack do this - to no avail in
any case.

The built in docs are rather scant and disorganized
and I am still waiting for my rev manuals and Dan's
book, so I don't have much to work from.

Do I first "go" to the library stack file or can I
just "start using" the stack file directly. I don't
want to statically build it in to my main app as I
want it to be a kind of reusable plugin.

What am I missing here? What is the procedure I need
to get this to work?

Best

Gordon

=====