Arrays in Rev

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 11 19:46:38 EST 2004

On Saturday, December 11, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Troy Rollins wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2004, at 12:58 PM, Mark Brownell wrote:
>
>> I really got sick of Director changing shockwave to such a degree
>> that the new shockwave plug-ins would render my third party plug-ins
>> inoperative unless I redeveloped my creations to work with the
>> shockwave changes.
>
> ??
>
> OK. I'll bow out now, before I get started.
>
> I'm glad Transcript works out for your needs.
> --
> Troy

OK I know what happened to me was one in a million but what happened
should never happen to anyone here. I completed a project that was sent
off with representatives of mine to a conference where every one that
saw it saw it not work. While on the plane to Florida Macromedia
decided to change the shockwave plug-in download without any warning to
Director user. They added a bug that took them three months to correct
and that prevented the users of my web based e-book reader to not be
able to run when loaded. I didn't find out about it until people at the
booth started complaining that it didn't work. I worked all weekend to
attempt to salvage the problem but it was too late.

Since then I had discovered Revolution and learned that it could do
many things that Director could not. While learning Transcript I
discovered that another shockwave upgrade had rendered another product
of mine inoperative. That was the last straw. I abandoned that project.
I decided to never be shocked again.

I know you like Director and defend it  sometimes. That's fine, defend
it all you want. I'm completely done with working with it. It may be
pie in the sky for others but it was  pie in the face for me.

You don't own stock in Macromedia do you?

Mark