Arrays in Rev

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 10 20:12:09 EST 2004

On Friday, December 10, 2004, at 11:13 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Mark Brownell wrote:
>> This thing is not a real array within an array, it just acts like one.
>
> I hate to reinforce any perceptions of my curmudgeonliness, but for
> the benefit of newcomers here it may be useful to remind folks that
> while this indexed array is scripted, Rev's built-in associative
> arrays are just as "real" as associative arrays in any other language
> (and sometime more useful than strictly numerically indexed ones).
>
> That said, your lib looks quite enticing. Good work!
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

Thanks,

I threw this together just to see if I could tell some information to
be stored at location 12, 2,444,5 in an array and to see how practical
it would be to use a parser and an index handler to call information
from an array. It works great for my needs. I suppose it could be
created to handle dot  syntax just to prove it's possible.

Mark