Windows standalone two handlers separated

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Dec 8 03:25:47 EST 2004

Hi Andrew,

> I've got another clue about why my windows standalone is not working.
> Okay, my script into two halves-- one in the card script and one in
> the script of a button.  At the end if the card script section it says
> send parttwo to card button "instructions"
>
> ...And I made sure to put all of the relevant local variables (only 1)
> into a global variable, so that it could be accessed in the script of
> the card button "instructions".

You could even send that local var as a parameter to your button, see
below...

> However, It seems as though my standalone is only running the card
> script section, and then not going to the script of cd btn
> "instructions".  Is there any known error that Windows standalones
> have with, as in this case, one handler calling a handler that's
> located elsewhere?

If you specify the exact location of the button it will work!

Like:
send "parttwo" to btn "name here" of cd x ## of stack y
## if the button is inanother stack...

Please note the quotes!

Or with the above mentioned parameter:

local varname

on xyz
    send "parttwo varname" to btn "name here" of cd x

And in the button:

on parttwo whattheheck
    ## do something with whattheheck

Make sure that "varname" is not empty! ;-)

> btw: unrelated thing: if I have a wav file in my stack, how do I
> a. find out how big it is

Sorry, no idea...

> b. delete it?

In the preerences -> Application Browser check "Show audio clips" (and
"Show vieoclips")
then you can select your sound and delete it in the App Browser.

> Thanks  :)
> Andrew

Regards

Klaus Major