devolution available

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Dec 7 07:23:00 EST 2004

On 7/12/04 9:55 am, "Dick Kriesel" <dick.kriesel at mail.com> wrote:

>> It would if you chose to make that your first contribution to the effort. ;)
>
> There must be quicker alternatives, since I have few clues how complex the
> interface is between the current editor and the debugger.  But since I think
> their current behavior together is buggy and incomplete, I¹m guessing it¹s
> not trivial.  So for now I'm hoping someone else will make this key
> contribution -- or explain how trivial it is.
>
> I think integrating the editor with the debugger will happen a lot sooner
> and better if RR wants to support the project's goals.  Then at least we'd
> get some good clues about the current API and what changes they see coming.
>
> Does anybody at RR want to support the goal of integrating the proprietary
> debugger with a non-proprietary script editor?

Unfortunately, beneficial as I think this project would be, this isn't
something we have the resources to support at the moment.  I'm sure several
people on this list would be capable of figuring out the inner workings of
these components and getting this started.  We might be able to provide some
help with this at a later stage.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools