devolution available

Dick Kriesel dick.kriesel at mail.com
Tue Dec 7 04:55:50 EST 2004

On 12/6/04 11:28 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

>> On 12/3/04 10:42 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone else interested in working on a script editor if it were open source?
>>
>> If it would be integrated with the Rev debugger, then I'd want to join in
>> the effort.  Would it?
>
> It would if you chose to make that your first contribution to the effort. ;)

There must be quicker alternatives, since I have few clues how complex the
interface is between the current editor and the debugger.  But since I think
their current behavior together is buggy and incomplete, I¹m guessing it¹s
not trivial.  So for now I'm hoping someone else will make this key
contribution -- or explain how trivial it is.

I think integrating the editor with the debugger will happen a lot sooner
and better if RR wants to support the project's goals.  Then at least we'd
get some good clues about the current API and what changes they see coming.

Does anybody at RR want to support the goal of integrating the proprietary
debugger with a non-proprietary script editor?

-- Dick