Rotate an image ...

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Dec 5 20:26:20 EST 2004

At 12:47 05/12/2004 -0600, Ken Ray wrote:

>On 12/5/04 9:24 AM, "Alex Tweedly" <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to rotate an image to get just the original image, but
> rotated
> > ?
>
>Try:
>
>   set the angle of img "myfile.png" to 90

Thank you Ken (and others). I think there would be cases where the more
complex methods are needed - but this is enough for my simple example.

The annoying thing is I had been looking at "set angle" but rejected it
because the docs said, quite clearly,

>  Unlike the rotate command, the angle property affects only the screen
> display of the image, not the actual picture data in it.

and therefore I assumed that set angle wouldn't affect the data when I
exported it.

Wrong again !   I should know by now that Rev does "the right thing" unless
proven otherwise.

Thanks again !
-- Alex.