Animation Tool

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Dec 4 17:13:27 EST 2004

On Dec 4, 2004, at 4:45 PM, Gordon wrote:

> Looking through this documentation, I was reading
> about an "Animation Tool" in the "Tools" menu, but I
> don't see it in the menu. Is this feature an extra I
> have to pay for? How do I use the revPlayAnimation
> command? What does it do exactly?

It is a no longer supported feature, which was supposed to let you do
timeline-style authoring (sort of like Flash or Director.)

I think the stack is still distributed with the package somehow, but it
tended to act a bit flaky, and most people abandoned it for some
solution of their own.

Last I heard, RunRev had plans to produce something more up-to-date to
replace it, but I imagine that isn't all that high on the development
list. Unless you specifically need that sort of thing, I wouldn't get
too caught up with it. And if you do, I still wouldn't get too caught
up with it, since it really didn't function very well - which is the
reason RunRev felt it wasn't up to the standards of the rest of the
product and removed it from the line-up - at least for now.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.