Wanted: idiot's guide to using Unicode in Rev

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Fri Dec 3 07:47:30 EST 2004

Hi Ben,

On Dec 2, 2004, at 5:55 PM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> I've just fiddled (and part of my problem is that I don't know any
> non-roman
> languages, so have very limited capability to understand if I'm doing
> something right).

> And if I do have to set a font, how do I know which one to specify?
> The
> documentation talks about "Unicode fonts", and mentions
> "Osaka,Japanese" as
> an example.  How can I find out which Unicode fonts are available - on
> my
> system, on my user's system?  And if I found them, would it tell me
> which
> language they relate to?  And in any case, how should I know which
> language
> o-macron relates to?

Have you tried setting the textfont to ",Unicode" or you can specify a
name like "Arial,Unicode"

> Another specific question: can I set the label of a button to a unicode
> string, or more generally to anything which requires more than simple
> roman
> character set?

Create a field, start typing text into it. Then set the textfont of the
button to an appropriate unicode font and set the text of the btn to
the unicodetext of the field. IMPORTANT to make sure that no
non-unicode chars are introduced into the btn name or contents if it is
popup etc.

HTH
Ron