OOP with Revolution

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Wed Dec 1 10:31:15 EST 2004

On 1/12/04 1:42 am, "Gordon" <gwalias-rev at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How about a Rev component with no interactive features
> that could be used simply as a container for scripts
> and custom properties. It could be set in the rev
> preferences as visible or invisible on a card, but
> would otherwise inherit the properties of the general
> class of object from which I imagine all the other
> components are descended.
>
> Perhaps I could just create such a thing myself as a
> custom control - if I knew enough about rev - which I
> don't :(
>
> I know that people use buttons and the like for this
> purpose right now, but this new component might
> simplify and clarify the design of rev stacks a
> little.

Of course it depends on exactly what you are trying to achieve, but I see no
problem in principal that would prevent you from coming up with something
fairly close to that based on Rev as it stands.  You can certainly run it
faceless and design the sort of inheritance you need, provided that you do
so relatively early on in the design of your solution.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools