Credit card processing

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Dec 1 07:30:54 EST 2004

Hi Richard,

> I'd like to create a very simple custom browser to process one quick
> credit card subscription that requires filling out only three fields:
> the credit card number, expiration date and 3-digit card code. Our
> access device (a kiosk) does not provide a mouse. It does have a small
> numeric keypad.
>
> What are the options for doing this through Rev today.. I'd like to
> know the simplest way possible!

create 3 fields and set their "autotab" to true (check it in the
inspector)...

This will cause the cursor to go to the next field when the user hits
the RETURN
and/or ENTER key...

To make sure that only numbers are being entered in the fields put this
into the
script of the credit card number and  3-digit fields:

on keydown t_key
   if t_key is a number then pass keydown
end keydown

Add this to the script of the 3-digit field:

on closefield
   if the num of chars of me <> 3 then
     put empty into me
     select text of me
   end if
end closefield

To make sure that the expiration date field contains a valid date, put
this into the script of that
field, supposed you demand the xx/xx/xx format for your date:

on keydown t_key
   if t_key is a number OR t_key = "/" then pass keydown
end keydown

on closefield
   if me is not a date then
     put empty into me
     select text of me
   end if
end closefield

That will delete the wrong date and sets the cursor again in that
field...

Sorry no idea how to validate a credit card number ;-)

Hope that helps...

> Thanks.
> Richard Miller
> Imprinter Technologies