Polling the mouse

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 02:20:29 EST 2004

--- Lince M Lawrence <lince at river-valley.com> wrote:
> What will be the consequence of polling the mouse in
> Revolution.
>
> repeat until the mouse is up
>   set the loc of btn "dragBtn" to the mouseLoc
> end repeat
>
> Certain people discourage use of this in MetaCard
> and Revolution?
>
> Thanking you,
>
> Lince M Lawrence

Hi Lince,

The main problem with the above construct is that the
engine needs to constantly check if the mouse state
happened to change.
All you'll ever want to know about mouse polling,
including how to achieve the same effect withut
hogging the CPU, can be found at :
<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/polling.html>

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.