dragging 2 windows in synch

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Aug 31 22:56:03 EDT 2004

On 8/31/04 9:34 PM, "Scott Morrow" <scott at elementarysoftware.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Is there a technique to maintain the relative location of a secondary
> stack while dragging the primary stack.  I'm not looking to just update
> the window location after the move has completed but to visually  drag
> it along with the window that the user is moving.  I'm building
> routines for simulating drawer behaviors outside of OSX.

Well, if it's for OS 9, you're probably out of luck unless you make your own
custom windows and your own drag regions. The reason is that the moveStack
message isn't sent until *after* you release the mouse on the Mac. Now if
this is for Windows, moveStack and resizeStack are sent continually so you
could probably get away with something like:

on moveWindow
  set the topLeft of stack "Secondary" to the topRight of this stack
end moveWindow

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/