combobox in a background group

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 10:41:52 EDT 2004

--- thierry Douez <douez at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what is the trick to simply see a combobox in
> a background group to behave like a field object
> with the sharetext option Off ?
>
> in other words, sharing a combobox in few cards,
> how to put different values on each card ?
>
> thanks for a help, or pointing to the documentation,
> i'm stuck :-(
>
> regards, thierry

Bonjour Thierry,

In this case, I'd add a hidden field to contain the
actual data, then copy the value from the combobox
into that field on closeField, and set the combobox
label to the text of the hidden field on preOpenCard
in the background group script.

-- combobox script
on closeField
  put the label of me into field "HiddenField"
end closeField
--

-- background group script
on preOpenCard