how to read value from SCALE BAR?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Aug 29 16:57:32 EDT 2004

Hib Louis,

> This question reveals my naive state, and I know the answer is very
> obvious (once you all tell me).
>
> I am playing with my trial version, have inserted a scrollbar of stye
> "slider". Now I'd like  to have something happen (like showing a
> different field for each value of my slider."
>
> I used to know HyperCard fairly well, but have not made enough
> progress on Rev to decide if I want to use it for some text-based
> development I'm doing. The question ios probably too basic to be
> covered in the documentation.

You can query "the thumbpos of sb xyz"...

thumbpos = thumbposition
sb = scrollbar

Less typing :-)

Or if you like response in "realtime" while dragging the slider,
put this into the script of the scrollbar/slider:

on scrollbardrag the_value
    put the_value into fld 1
end scrollbardrag

This message "scrollbardrag" is send continuously as long the user
drags that thing :-)

And there is one parameter "the_value" (or call it whatever you like)
that will hold the current value/thumbposition...

Hope that helps...

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Louis
> --
> Louis Janus
>  Less Commonly Taught Languages (LCTL) Project
>  Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition (CARLA)
>  University of Minnesota
>  617 Heller Hall
>  271 19th Avenue So.
>  Minneapolis, MN 55455 USA