2.5 Release Candidate 1 - Player Freeze?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Fri Aug 27 20:50:05 EDT 2004

Re: 2.5 Release Candidate 1 - Player Freeze?
	• 	From: Ken Ray
	• 	 Subject: Re: 2.5 Release Candidate 1 - Player Freeze?
	• 	 Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:39:33 -0700

> On 8/27/04 7:26 PM, "Wouter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > True the player hangs when inside the Rev folder.
> > If one drags a stack on the app icon after the clock cursor has
> changed
> > to pointer it will open in the player though the home stack won't
> hide.
> > But the player works like a charm when outside the rev folder and
> > started with a stack.
>
> This just shouldn't be... how many people are going to see another app
> in
> the Rev folder and 2x-click it to see what it does? Answer: Lots. And
> they
> shouldn't be greeted with a hanging application. It should at least say
> something like "Move this out of the Rev folder before launching",
> although
> for the life of me I can't understand why it doesn't work in the Rev
> folder
> but does outside of it.

Correct.
But Rev  is not really *hanging*.
You still can drag stacks on the player icon and they will be loaded.
Only minor change in script will resolve this in the final candidate I
am sure.
That's why they should still accept bugzilla reports or read the list
thoroughly.

> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/