Bugzilla nr. 1032

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Fri Aug 27 10:18:33 EDT 2004

> And you do have a couple of neat proposals for the
> vertical text alignment ; though for clarity, I'd
> replace "center" with "middle" for this property.
> Will you bugzilla these and let us know the number so
> we can vote for it ?
>
> Jan Schenkel.

"middle"???? I have --never-- seen "middle" used as a centering term in
modern software products. It would be confusing to me to have to use
"center" for some things, and "middle" for others in Transcript. Could it
not be done in an even simpler way? For example, by default text is
centered at the bottom of a button when an icon is present. Could their
not be a property that is either true of false for text over an icon?
Like...

set the textOverlay of btn 1 to true  -- Text ON TOP OF the icon

set the textOverlay of btn 1 to false -- Text at bottom of the button

In either case, the text would be horizontally centered. If more control
is desired beyond overlaying the button text, then yes the previous
suggestions regarding allignment would provide a more versitile solution.
Sometimes, simplicity is best though IMHO.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>