Link to an Educational Stack

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 05:21:28 EDT 2004

on Thu, 26 Aug 2004
Mark Greenberg wrote:

> I also have stacks written in
> HyperStudio if anyone is
> interested in those.

Of course!! There are teachers in this list
that will be very interested.

Could you include links to HyperStudio players
for Windows and Mac?

> The New York Times featured me and this teaching
> approach in the
> Circuit section last Thursday (front page).  That's
> me in the picture.

This is the direction for this article. You need to
make an account with the NYT to read the article.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/19/technology/circuits/19teac.html>

The article mentioned that you had created
dozens of games: a role-playing card game called
Magic: The Gathering that requires students to "dress"
historical figures with qualities that best fit their
names, a multimedia quiz on comma placement or the
multiplication of polynomials, fill in blank speech
balloons from Calvin and Hobbes comic strips and
Jeopardy-like games to train students for the Academic
Decathlon, a student contest.

Will you upload these games too? ;-)

Internet access in the classroom has become a
mixed blessing.

In the lab, i asked for a master switch to turn off
the internet access. Chat has become a big time sink
in the classroom!

Keep up your good work, Mark! :-)

al

PS: By the way, Did someone else notice the way that
this message become merged with next mail in the
digest? This has happen before. Where is the problem?

> The New York Times featured me and this teaching
> approach in the
> Circuit section last Thursday (front page).  That's
> me in the picture.From troy at rpsystems.net  Thu Aug

=====
Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/