RevZilla - What Should Be Done Next?

Jay Madren JaysLists at triad.rr.com
Fri Aug 27 00:58:15 EDT 2004

>> Need a way to easily select a range of choices from the drop-down lists
in
>> search.  On bugzilla I can do this by clicking on one entry then
>> shift-clicking on another to select all entries in between.  This is
useful
>> for, lets say, quickly selecting all versions except 2.5.
>
>Actually, if you select more than one thing from the same popup menu in
>Search (the ones under the separator line), the label will change to
>"Multiple" and you'll get multiple checkmarks next to them which will
>indicate that you can search on multiple items within a popup menu. Let me
>know if this will work for you; if not, let me know what you'd like to do
>instead (or in addition).

Yes, I know you can select multiple entries, but it's not a easy, quick way
to select a lot of entries.  In my example, to select all versions except
the 2.5 ones, you have to individually select the 18 non-2.5 choices from
the version popup.  I don't know of anyone who wants to sit there and do
that.

So what's needed is a feature like the one on bugzilla (which is really just
a feature of popups/dropdowns in web forms), where you can shift-click to
select a whole range of choices.  If that's not easy to do, then maybe a
checkbox or button to invert the selection, e.g., select the 2.5 choices,
then select invert which would "invert" or reverse the checkmarks on all
entries in that field.

Another feature which would also help alleviate this tedious
multiple-selection problem would be the ability to save search criteria.  So
then I could just call up a saved search, maybe modify it a little, and run
it.  Of course, this is a worthy feature on its own, no matter if you "fix"
the multiple selection problem or not.

Jay Madren