Two feature requests

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 26 13:28:41 EDT 2004

Troy Rollins wrote:

> Note, that for a supposedly "Mac-Centric" company as RunRev is often
> suggested to be, the choice in Bugzilla is a rather contrary one, since
> it behaves extremely poorly in Safari. Ken Ray's RevZilla is a good
> alternative, otherwise you need to get access to Safari's debug menu so
> that you can tell Safari to identify itself as MSIE to the server - at
> which point Bugzilla will work OK.

That's a good tip -- thanks for posting that.

As far as choosing Bugzilla, it's one of the leading bug-tracking
systems and the price is unbeatable:  free (as in both beer and speech).
  It's not easy finding something at that price with equivalent features.

Yes, Bugzilla has some rough edges and yes, Apple has some weird merde
going on with Safari (I switched to Mozilla last year and never looked
back -- thank you Jacque for the recommendation).

You can help see these issues corrected by reporting them to those who
can address them -

    Bugzilla:
    <http://www.bugzilla.org/developers/reporting_bugs.html>

    Safari:
    Select "Report Bugs to Apple..." from the "Safari" menu.

If you would like to contribute directly to Bugzilla's evolution there
are many opportunities for lending a hand -- not just programming, but
also with documentation and testing:
<http://www.bugzilla.org/developers/how_to_help.html>

I agree they could use some help in the UI department and if I wasn't
already committed to other open source projects I'd volunteer to help
document either Bugzilla or Mozilla, but alas my landlord expects me to
give priority to client work (as soon as we get open source housing and
open source groceries I'll happy devote all of my time to open source
software). :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation