Stack is momentarily solid white (flicker) - OSX

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Aug 25 22:46:02 EDT 2004

>>> Is it possible to set the loc of a stack before it is opened?
>>
>> You should be able to set the loc in preOpenStack.
>
> I tried some of that. I guess the issue is not what I thought, but
> more-so the clone operation itself. It seems very difficult to avoid
> some kind of flash when a stack is cloned.

Here's what I do:

BEFORE cloning the stack, set a custom property of the template stack.
In this example, I set the cStoredRect of the template to the the rect
I want. Then I have this handler in the stack or card script of the
template stack:

on preOpenStack
   go invisible to this stack
   if the cStoredRect of this stack is not empty
   then set the rect of this stack to the cStoredRect of this stack
end preOpenStack

After setting the display, I then show the newly cloned stack. This
works really well and I get no flickers.

Cheers,
Sarah