Text to speech Bugzilla'd (#2069)

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Aug 25 21:31:12 EDT 2004

Tuviah,

I did not realize that work had -not- been progressing on text-to-speech for
Windws XP (SAPI5). I have started a Bugzilla thread (#2069). The lack of
text-to-speech on WindowsXP is all that prevents me from releasing an
important app (important to my client and me).

I complained about this about a year ago and was told that I could use SAPI4
as a temporary measure until the Rev component for XP text to speech was
done. SAPI4 can't be found at Microsoft as they've removed all reference to
it. I assumed that it would just be a matter of months so I didn't Bugzilla
it nor complain.

I appreciate your efforts to make this part of the next release!

Thanks,
Barry

On 8/25/04 2:29 PM, "use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com"
<use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com> allegedly flung into the void: