FTP Download Problem

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Wed Aug 25 18:56:56 EDT 2004

Gang,

I'm trying to download a stack from my server at IPowerWeb using xTalk
in an application, It does not throw an error, but, instead, downloads
a file with 0 bytes. My xTalk looks something like this:

     put URL theRemoteURL into URL theLocalURL

I can upload with no problems using the same URLs (in reversed
positions, of course). If I change my download to an HTTP one, it works
flawlessly. These are small to medium sized files, so I don't think
that in this case "size matters." <GRIN>

I've also tried the libURL call "libURLDownloadToFile" and get
identical results to my script above.

I've thought maybe it's the way my server is configured. I've added the
mime type for .rev files. I can download files from my server using its
own web-based services, so I know it's possible.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

Jerry