need advise on grid like control...

Mark Waddingham 36degrees at runrev.com
Wed Aug 25 03:51:56 EDT 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am building a little project manager here. I would like to be able to
> show a calendar like control so that the user could grasp the big
> picture of his project, like iCal and MS Project do. I am finding the

Just to add my two-pence to the mix...

You may also want to have a look at the 'lists' in the Revolution Online
Learning Center (e.g. Learning Center -> Video Tutorials -> All) - this is
effectively a custom table view that uses individual fields for each cell.
It's basically just a group that responds to custom properties and a
handful of messages - it is also entirely devoid of instructions/comments
at the moment, but figuring out how things work is part of the fun, isn't
it? ;o)

It could be optimized somewhat, and made more 'complete' - but it
exemplifies one way of doing things.

Anyway, if it looks useful, I'll happily rip it out of revOnline, clean it
up and make a more user-friendly example stack out of it as soon as I get
the chance.

Best wishes,

Mark.