problem running from a CD on Mac

Leston Drake lestond at lpsoftware.com
Mon Aug 23 18:02:29 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm really in a bind, so any help on this will be greatly appreciated!!!....

I've got a standalone application. It is a slide-show type app, with about
10 pages, lots of graphics. Has a background graphic that is grouped (a
singe image in the group) so it can be placed on each page at layer 1. I
create a standalone file (on the Mac). Test it and it runs fine from the
mac's hard drive.

However, if I burn the files to a CD, everything works except that the
background image (its about 40 k in size) does not show up. This is the one
that is grouped. It's missing on each page. I created my own kind of
message box to query the app when it is running from the CD, and it says
that it is visible, in the proper location, etc.

If I then copy the files from the CD over to the hard drive, it runs
perfectly, the background image is visible as it should be.

We've got a similar program that works the same way (different content,
images) but it has no problems.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

TIA
Leston