Stack is momentarily solid white (flicker) - OSX

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Aug 21 22:11:52 EDT 2004

On 8/21/04 12:30 PM, "Jerry Daniels" <jerry at daniels-mara.com> wrote:

> Ken, et al.,
>
> Where to do you put the lock/unlock screen in order to get rid of
> opening stack flicker? (See below for details.)
>
> - Before and after you go to the stack? Tried this and flicker still
> there.
> - On preOpenstack? Tried this and flicker still there.
> - On preOpenstack? Tried this and flicker still there.
> - Before I go to bed while I'm praying? Tried this and flicker still
> there.

Well, praying couldn't hurt... ;-)

Actually, I make a "FixUI" handler and at the end of my preOpenCard I put:

  send "FixUI" to me in 20 miilliseconds

and in FixUI, it locks/unlocks. This gives the preOpenCard handler time to
complete, for Rev to go idle and for it to attempt to redraw. Then the
incoming message forces the lock/unlock.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/