OT: Virtual PC vs "Real" PC

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Aug 20 21:10:35 EDT 2004

Thanks for everyone's input.  As always, many ways to describe an
elephant..

Our Apple repair-lady was here today. She said "Forget VPC, you will
not only waste time but destabilize your whole system if you plan to do
anything else on that machine."

But, I would be running VPC on OSX G4 dual-processor desktop model, (in
another room) to upgraded to a G5 soon... so I think the speed will be
acceptable.

But productivity can be an issue... fiddling with VPC, vs having a
little DEL sitting on the corner of my own desk, plugged into the
network would mean instant review. If  you are trying to wrap something
up in 2 hours... it could mean a lot.

I'll see for now if I can live with VPC and also see if budgets will
allow for a PC box...

Thanks
Sivakatirswami