OT: Virtual PC vs "Real" PC

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Fri Aug 20 16:26:56 EDT 2004

Le 20 août 04, à 21:16, Marian Petrides a écrit :

> No, I don't think you mentioned how absolutely, pathetically,
> ridiculously slow VPC is. ;-))))

In my remind, Virtual PC 2 was, in 1997 and under a G3 266, running
Win95 faster than VirtualPC 6 is running Win2000 Pro under my actual
PWB G4 1 Ghz with 1 Go of RAM... Just a toy, only able to start
anything today and finish it next month, if the weather... ;)

> Besides a cheap low-end WinTel box (the one I use to test low end
> configurations is a P2, 300 mHz laptop running Win98)  is probably not
> a whole lot more than what VPC would cost.

> On Aug 20, 2004, at 3:09 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:
>
>> 3. Did I mention how slooooooooooow VPC is? :-D

That's all for yet, Friends, Kind Regards, Pierre