Send variables back to Rev from Applescript

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 20 09:05:28 EDT 2004

When I implement Thierry's suggest exactly as written in a button
script everything works fine.

on mouseup
   do "get (system attribute " &quote& "ram " &quote& ") / 1048 div
1000" as appleScript
   put the result into theRAM
   put theRAM into fld 1

  --now see if I can manipulate the variable which was passed
   put theRAM/2 into halfRAM
   put halfRAM into line 2 of field 1
end mouseup

However, if I paste the very same command into field 2 and change the
button script to read

on mouseup
   do fld 2 as appleScript
   put the result into theRAM
   put theRAM into fld 1
end mouseup

I now get a compiler error.  And this isn't simply a copy/paste error
since I get the same error if I manually type:
             get (system attribute " &quote& "ram " &quote& ") / 1048
div 1000
into field 2

Any one have thoughts as to why this should be happening?

Thanks.

Marian