Accessing other stacks in LibCGI

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 20 01:41:16 EDT 2004

Terry Vogelaar (de Mare) wrote:
> I'll try a tip someone mailed me personally and if that doesn't solve
> anything, I put everything in a text file. That seems to be the
> simplest. And the simplest is often the best solution.

In my experience you can access properties of objects, and even create
them, so long as you don't do anything that would require rendering the
card, since the faceless engine won't be able to render.

For example, you should be able to say:

   get the text of fld 1 of cd 3 of stack "MyStack.rev"

   create button in stack "MyStack.rev"
   set the uMyProp of btn 1 of stack "MyStack.rev" to "Howdy"

But you cannot say:

   go cd 1 of stack "MyStack.rev"

--
  Richard Gaskin