Questions about Altbrowser and SVG

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Thu Aug 19 17:30:06 EDT 2004

Bob,

Thanx for all the advices.

Nevertheless, Flash is far from being the perfect solution
(at least for my project) : if you want your animation to
react and being modified according to the user's previous
actions, you need to set up complex Transcript / Actionscript
interaction (a real nightmare - I've tried before).

OTOH, a "simple" antialiased Bezier tool (for which one could
set control points, just like you set points for a graphic control),
combined with the use of ink & blendlevel & angle properties for
images would allow "easy" (which means easier by several orders
of magnitude) Flash-like animations within Rev with full control.

I've coded such a Bezier tool in openGL within a few hours.
The difficulty is then to mix it with other controls on the card...

Again, at the risk of being nasty, I still don't understand why
neither the MC or the Rev crew ever responded to that request
during the past 2 years or so...

Thanks again,
JB